Materials to be submitted
- Cover sheet (prepared by the applicant) that includes:
- Applicant’s name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Category of award for which the person is applying (e.g., 4-year college, 2-year college, high school);
- Nominator’s name, address, telephone number, and email address (in the event of self-nominations, this is not necessary);
- Name and address of who (Department Head, Principal, Supervisor) should be informed if the applicant wins the STP Teaching Award;
- Specific teaching duties
- A short (1 to 2 page) summary of the evidence being presented and its bearing on each criterion for the award.
2. Evidence of STP membership.
3. Current curriculum vitae that includes educational history of applicant, professional work history, membership in professional organizations, previous recognition or awards, publications and presentation, and participation in professional development activities or conferences (e.g., as presenter or attendee).
4. Letters of recommendation from at least three (3), but not more than five (5), persons, each of whom can speak to the qualifications of the applicant in light of the appropriate criteria.
5. Statement of teaching philosophy (a maximum of two double-spaced pages).
6. Evidence to illustrate award criteria, with a brief narrative (limited to 500 words) for each criterion presented.
- All materials must be in PDF format.
- PDF files can easily be created from most word processing software. Supporting materials for which you have the electronic file (e.g., syllabi, cover sheet, PowerPoint presentation, teaching philosophy, narrative, etc) can be readily converted to PDF format using the capabilities built into the software, or by using free PDF conversion software (e.g., PrimoPDF: http://www.primopdf.com/, CutePDF: http://www.cutepdf.com/ ).
- Supporting materials that may be difficult to save directly in PDF format (e.g., teaching award certificates, conference program, etc.) should be scanned into a PDF document, which should be possible with most scanning software.
- Submitted files should be named by last name of the applicant, followed by a number and brief title indicating the order of the file in the collection of submitted files and what the file is. For example: Smith01coverletter.pdf, Smith02cv.pdf, Smith03studentevals.pdf (etc.)
- Send your email message(s) with your PDF file(s) attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name the email subject line with last name of the applicant, followed by the name of the award. For example: Smith, Robert S. Daniel Award
- You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours after your electronic submission.
- The total file size of the attachments should not exceed 15 MB per email message. If you have to send multiple emails with attachments, that’s ok.
Contact Krisztina Jakobsen with questions at email@example.com
These awards are designed to recognize teachers all across the country. Applicants must be members of STP and may join STP at any time. Renominations and self-nominations are acceptable. STP reserves the right not to make an award presentation in a particular category if the STP Awards Committee believes no applicant is qualified in a particular year.