Graduate Student Travel Grants
Call for Proposals (Deadline for 2022 grants is June 15, 2022)
STP is now accepting applications for Graduate Student Travel Grants. Consistent with our Mission Statement and the Statement on Addressing Systemic Racism and Inequity in STP, STP encourages applications from colleagues who are from underrepresented groups and have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
This grant program provides funding to STP members who are graduate students, who are presenting at STP's 2022 Annual Conference on Teaching (October 20-22, 2022), and who will continue to be graduate students during the dates of the conference. The maximum award is $750. If the number of applications is large, applicants may receive partial funding. The deadline for proposals is June 15, 2022. Applicants will receive notification of award decisions no later than July 1, 2022.
Policies regarding STP grant programs can be found here: http://teachpsych.org/members/policies.php.
Applications will be evaluated on the degree to which the applicant demonstrates that the proposed conference attendance can improve the applicant’s teaching of psychology.
1. Grant recipient must be an STP member and a graduate student.
2. Grant recipient must be a graduate student during the conference dates.
3. Highest priority will be given to those presenting research.
4. Grant funds can be used to defray the costs of attending STP’s Annual Conference for Teaching For information about allowable expenses, read STP’s Travel Reimbursement Guidelines.
5. The maximum award will be $750.00. If the number of applications is large, applicants may receive partial funding.
6. We are collecting information on how well this grant program aligns with our mission/DEI statements.
If your application is funded:.
1. Please submit a 1-2 paragraph follow-up report to email@example.com after your attendance at the conference. The report should describe what you did, how you benefited, and how you spent the funds.
2. To receive reimbursement, follow the Travel Reimbursement Guidelines and submit the Travel Expense Report Form, both of which are available at the following link: http://teachpsych.org/about.
For further instructions on how to apply, click here (requires login).